Temple with one of the Edo Rokujizo "dozojizo**zazo"
Reiganji Temple was built in Reiganji in 1624 by Yuyo-Reigan, whom Ieyasu, Hidetada, and Iemitsu Tokugawa trusted. After it was burned down in the Great Fire of Meireki, it was transferred to the current location when the chief priest Kazan and his disciples reclaimed some wetland by the beach. On the precincts, there is a nationally designated historic site, the Grave of Sadanobu Matsudaira, and an important cultural property of Tokyo Edo Rokujizo, Dozo Jizobosatsu-zazo (seated statue of bronze Jizo Bosatsu).
|Address||1-3-32, Shirakawa, Koutou-ku|
|Access||Toei Oedo Line, Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line "Kiyosumi-Shirakawa Station" Exit B2 (exit for exclusive use of Hanzomon Line) 3-minute walk, Exit A3 3-minute walk|