The site of Sanjusangendo (historical site)
Trace of Sanjusangen-do Temple which existed in the Edo era
In 1642, Edo Sangjusangendo was built in Asakusa to resemble Sanju-sangendo in Kyoto (Renge-ohin) and transferred to Fukagawa in 1701. Sanjusangendo in Kyoto is famous for tohshiya, Japanese long-distance archery. In Edo Sanju-sangendo, tohshiya was also part of samurai warriors' archery practice in the Edo period. Edo Sanjusangendo was dismantled in 1872.
|Address||2-4 Tomioka, Koto-ku|
|Access||Toei Oedo Line, Tokyo Metro Tozai Line "Monzen-Nakacho Station" Exit 1 5-minute walk|