Jomyoji Temple jomyoji
koikuonikobosonshin of underwater appearance
This temple was established in April 1625 (the 2nd year of the Kan’ei era), with its foundations being laid by Ogi Kanshichirou of Heiwa-mura in Yamato (now Nara Prefecture). During the Genna era, Kanshichirou visited this location with his two younger brothers, developed the land and named it Ogi Shinden. Due to a great tsunami the goddess Kishimojin appeared from the sea, and the figure of her spirit is enshrined in the temple.
|Address||1-4-6, Higashisuna, Koutou-ku|
|Access||About 16 minutes on foot from Toei Shinjuku Line "Higashi-Ojima Station" large Shimaguchi|