Higashi ojima jinja Shrine higashiojimajinja
Forest of rest, Chinju of Higashiojima
In the middle of the Edo era, villages along the Onagigawa River were flourishing thanks to water transport, and five shrines were constructed as local Shinto deities. However, on March 10th, 1945 (the 20th year of the Showa era) the district of Oshima was completely destroyed in the Great Tokyo Air Raid, along with the shrines themselves and their historical records. Some raised the Shinto shrine rebuilding with revival of cityscape, and it merged five companies with (1952) in 1952, and main shrine was erected in the existing enshrining place.
|Address||7-24-1, Ojima, Koutou-ku|
|Access||Toei Shinjuku Line "Higashi-Ojima Station" large Shimaguchi 6-minute walk|