The site of Umeyashiki (historical site)
Famous plum blossom site illustrated in ukiyoe
Umeyashiki (Plum residence) is the second house of Hikoemon Iseya. It is so called because many plum trees were planted there. Mitsukuni Tokugawa named one of the plum trees "Garyubai" because it bloomed as if a ryu (dragon) was crawling on the ground. It was famous as pleasure resort, but it withered and died all by flood of (1910) in 1910 and, in the Edo era, became superannuated plantation.
|Address||3-51-10 Kameido, Koto-ku|
|Access||JR Sobu Line, Tobu Kameido Line "Kameido Station" north exit 12-minute walk|